Monday, June 30, 2008

Still Incubating-8 Days to Go

I seriously NEVER thought I would be pregnant, with two babies, this long. I can't believe how stretched my belly is. No noticeable marks, but very big for a person of my size. And I am feeling it. The aching and tightness are sooooo uncomfortable. I'm in pain with every single step I take. Standing feels like a torturous activity. Walking even worse. For the first time, I'm actually more comfortable laying down on one side, with pillows, strategically tucked. And laying down is no picnic either.

Thank goodness for http://www.albertsons.com or I would probably not have food in the house. The only thing I leave the house for, is my doctor appointments and to take Max to preschool twice weekly.

The itching: It has become so profuse, that I literally spend hours, daily, just scratching and applying useless lotions and creams. I take a useless Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal bath every day too. At night, I take useless oral Benadryl in addition to the topical stuff I apply during the day. Now that I'm off of the Prednisone again, I'm going to ask the OB for a prescription strength hydro-cortisone cream that I'm also certain will be useless. What started out mainly on my lower back, sides and upper thighs, has now spread to my entire back, my arms, my legs, a small patch on my upper belly and my chest area.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Bless your heart!! You sound miserable!!