Friday, June 06, 2008

I've Graduated

Isn't this lovely...I've graduated from STRESS incontinence, like being leaky when I sneeze, cough, laugh too hard or run water from the sink, with a full bladder...to just general incontinence with a full bladder...just generally leaking here and there, for no apparent reason.

The really unsatisfying aspect of this is, even when I feel like my bladder is going to pop, I go to the bathroom and it's like "dribble, dribble, dribble." The only time my bladder actually gets FULL is in the middle of the night.

I did learn, recently, that when you are on bedrest, trying to avoid preterm labor, they advise you to empty your bladder every couple of hours because it can contribute to contractions. So now, I have to ask myself, do I help them along or not? Hmmm....even as desperate as I feel about getting these babies out of me, I just don't have the gumption to "force" myself into preterm labor. Sigh.

My doctor really pissed me off though, when I got a call from his nurse, telling me my C Section is scheduled for July 8, which is exactly the day after my 38th week. Besides 38 weeks just feeling like waaaaaaaaaaay toooooooo loooooong, I resent the arrogance at setting my children's birthdate himself. Shouldn't I have some input about that!!!!?

On the bright side, I know fully well, that these babies will more than likely be on a timetable of their own. I just hope they're in sync with their mommy and that they're plenty healthy. It wouldn't be worth it if they take the babies out a little early, only to whisk them down to another hospital where they have a NICU ward.

No comments: