Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Lunch, Dinner & Snacks

So yesterday I ate salad with veggies, avocado and feta cheese for lunch. I also ate a hard boiled egg with mayo and wasabi. The days snacks were celery topped with salmon flavored cream cheese and wasabi and also peanut butter & celery. I also had a handful of almonds. For dinner I had cottage cheese and a hot dog with a slice of cheese.

Sometime during the day, my blood sugar was tested, thanks to my MIL, and it was 106. Good enough. BUT...let me add that I felt like crap the whole day. First of all, I'm sure I didn't meet my daily nutrient or caloric needs for a pregnancy. I also think that the LACK of sugars in my blood made me feel horrible and sleepy.

Today I have stuck to the low carb way as well, eating the soy chorizo and eggs for breakfast again, another handful of almonds and a piece of celery with salmon cream cheese and wasabi. I broke down and had a yogurt that had 17g of carbs in it because I am feeling weak. I ate 3/4 of it.

Tomorrow, I will stop this madness and eat much healthier, because I am having that 3 hour glucose test and will have that behind me. I won't go back to my diet of lots of sweets, but I will add back in the right kinds of carbs (ie. cereals, breads, brown rice, legumes). Then I will wait for the results of my test.

I woke up in the wee morning hours, last night, and watched a show called "You, the Owners manual..." It was a bit of a wake-up call to change my eating habits. Garbage in, garbage out. I want to be alive and healthy for a good long time to be with my children. That's not going to happen if I keep up my old habits. I went to Dr. Oz's website, http://www.realage.com and took the test to see what my body's real age is. It was just over 48 years old and I'm only 43. I really liked the site. It gave meal suggestions, recipes and shopping list...not to mention a whole lot of very good information.

I also reserved a few of his books at my local library. I want to be healthy again. I want to feel like I have energy again. I want to live long, without a list of medical complaints, threats or excuses.

No comments: